Please go to downloads page for access to our By-Laws. Membership and other forms.
- To provide educational opportunities for perioperative nurses
- To provide a forum for discussion of issues regarding nursing practice,
standards and competencies
- To promote and facilitate the exchange of ideas and concerns among
perioperative nurses throughout the province
- To promote awareness of the role of the perioperative nurse
- Operating Room Nurses Association of Canada
- Canadian Nurses Association
- Registered Nurses Association of Nova Scotia
- Recognition as a special interest group
- An Annual General Meeting at the end of the fiscal year
- Elections held at the Annual General Meeting
- Recognition for attendance at meetings and/or participation in ORNANS
- Financial assistance available for educational purposes if funding guidelines
- Active participation with College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia as a special interest group
- Celebration and promotion of Perioperative Nursing during O.R. Nurses' Week in November
- Visit ORNAC.CA. Once on ORNAC website, go to “JOIN NOW”
- All ORNAC members automatically become members of ORNANS
- Dues collected annually
- Active members must work in a perioperative setting and must have a current
- All ORNANS members automatically receive the Canadian Operating Room Nursing Journal when dues are paid by December 31st.
- Other disciplines associated with Peri-Operative Nursing may join as an Associate.
- Registered Nurses who were previously active in perioperative nursing